Today marks the start of the 87th legislative session here in the Lone Star State. If you believe in the wide reaching possibilities of this plant, (therapeutically and industrially) here are some ways you can help push cannabis reform forward.
Advocacy can feel like a daunting task. There are a lot of ways you can get involved without being a professional lobbyist. Here is a list of easy ways to get started:
- Follow groups like Texas NORML, Informed Texas, and Texans for Responsible Marijuana Reform on social, and sign up for their newsletters. Stay informed.
- Donate to these organizations. These groups are leading the charge to get the power of this plant into the hands of Texans.
- Write to your representatives, and let them know that cannabis reform is important to Texans. Here is a link to a pre-written email that they will send to your local representatives based on your zip code, (courtesy of Texans for Responsible Marijuana Reform.)
- Call your local reps and ask them to make cannabis reform a priority this session. There is a great script here, as well as the name and number for your local representative. Remember to always be polite and respectful, ya get more bees with honey.
- Help our representatives understand how cannabis has positively impacted your life by sharing your testimony. There is a questionnaire here.
Come on, let’s legalize Texas.
Tile Artwork By: Daren Thomas Magee @realfunwow